Things can become unpredictable. You don't know what will a power outage bring to you in the next minutes. Blackouts occur no matter where you live and how reliable city authorities claim your local power grid is.
No matter what happens, a power outage can cause you tremendous inconvenience. So the best way to prevent accidents is to nip them in the bud. The good news is, that you can prepare before it comes and a portable power station is a good choice during the outage. Check this blog; we have some tips for you.
What should you do to prepare before the outage?
1. Find An Alternative Power Source
Having an energy-efficient portable power station as backup power during power outages can make your life easier. Purchasing a portable power station will allow you to keep your electronics running even after you lose your primary power supply. BougeRV 1100Wh portable power station can charge 10 devices at the same time to feed your power need. And it can work both outside and indoors.
Remember, not to use a generator indoors. Running a generator will generate a lot of carbon monoxide, and if the carbon monoxide concentration is high enough and the generator is used incorrectly, it will kill you in as little as 5 minutes.
2. Stock up on food
Food and drinking water should be at the top of the essentials for outage survival. Without electricity, your refrigerator will crash first, and the food and water it holds will be in jeopardy, including domestic and drinking water.
You can use a portable power station to run a fridge, but a domestic fridge usually costs too much electricity. Thus, a portable refrigerator is recommended for short-term use. The portable refrigerator is complete and can store emergency food, water, and medicine until the power outage is over.
3. Prepare warm
When the power goes out, you may worry about how to keep warm, especially at night and in the winter. Besides starting a fire in a fireplace or wood stove, there are other ways to keep warm. Wearing layers of clothing, especially starting with long, warm underwear, is a good way to keep your body warm.
Weathering homes is another way to prepare for winter storm power outages. It allows you to stay warm in the absence of heat or electricity.
4. Collect light source
It's nice to have a sunny outdoor light source during the day, but you'll be in a tough spot at night. Until the lights come, you can't get in touch with anyone. You need a flashlight or lantern to see at night. Or, you might feel terrible and lose your mind when the outage happens.
5. Replenish your emergency supplies
One of the best tips in the Blackout Survival Guide is to replace any essentials you use during the blackout. Replenishing non-perishable food and bottled water, charging storage devices, and replacing spent batteries and any damaged or inoperative equipment. These strategies will help you prepare for your next power outage.
Power Outage Tips
You might push the panic button when you lose after a storm or for any other reason. So the first thing is to calm down and maintain the current situation. Then you should:
1. When the power is out, and there is no rain, please try to go outside. It is important to note that if you experience physical discomfort or emergencies during a power outage, go to a community or place where there is a telephone and seek help from the local police and government.
2. Develop alternative plans to refrigerate medicines or use medical equipment that relies on electricity. Cut down all the devices' connections to prevent damage from electrical surges. Remember: Wait for power to stabilize before reinserting.
3. Keep your refrigerator's door closed, or the food in your fridge will going to rot. Use a portable power station as much as possible to keep it running. Food, water, and medicine in the refrigerator are the most necessary daily necessities in a power outage.
4. Take stock of what you require from power. Prepare batteries and other alternate power sources, such as a portable charger or portable power station, to satisfy your demands in the case of a power loss and to keep you warm(especially in winter). BougeRV 1100Wh portable power station can power your home and critical devices for up to 2 or 3 days for a single charge.
Knowing how to prepare for a power outage can make a big difference in how warm and comfortable you feel while waiting for power to come back on. And when it comes, you'll be relieved to know that you and your family are prepared. Check the list BougeRV has prepared for you. And after know how important the portable power station is, just take the BougeRV 1100Wh portable power station which is ready for you.
Can you shower without power?
Yes! For most homeowners, plumbing and electricity are two different things that exist in your home. However, if your hot water system is run by a tankless or electrical well pump, that means your hot water system relies on electricity. Once the electricity is out, the shower crash.
But if your shower is run by gas. It actually operates independently of the main electrical system. If this is your case, then your shower may be saved! Just remember to grab a flashlight so you don't trip and fall on your way there.
How can I charge my phone without electricity?
If you take a computer with you, you can charge it by USE port; if you are on the road, things become more accessible. Using a car to charge your phone is a breeze. Get the right charging cable for your phone, and you're ready to go. Or you can take with the BougeRV 1100Wh portable power station, it can be your travelling good partner.
How to stay Warm During a Winter Power Outage?
Every year, winter storms knock out electricity to thousands of Americans. Of course, the most serious threat to blackouts is a shortage of heat. However, there are actions you may take to reduce the danger. We absolutely recommend you take a portable power station as a preparation.
BougeRV 1100Wh portable power stations can reach your expectation, their 1,200 to 2,000-watt output is enough to power large space heaters, which might be enough to get you through a power outage.