Unsure if foldable solar panels are perfect alternatives for camping, RV trips, or hiking? Don't worry, we got you covered!
Read our fun blog to learn what foldable solar panels are, how they're made, multiple advantages that boost your outdoor adventure, and BougeRV foldable solar panel power up your outdoor adventures!
What Are Foldable Solar Panels?
Foldable solar panels are super cool as they act like a portable power station for all your devices! Like regular rigid solar panels, foldable solar panels transform the sun's rays into electricity by a charge controller. Attaching the charge controller to your devices, you finally charge and boost them!
How Are Foldable Solar Panels Made?
Foldable solar panels are made of thin-film materials, including copper indium gallium selenide (CIGS), graphene, or tungsten diselenide deposited onto a flexible base like polymers or even paper.
These panels, including the most sought-after CIGS solar panels, are as flexible as a card to a certain extent without worrying about easily cracking or breaking as monocrystalline solar panels or polycrystalline solar panels do.
What’s the Difference Between Rigid And Foldable Solar Panels?
The flexible foldable can be twisted and manipulated in various ways due to the thin plastic construction. However, the rigid glass-encased rigid panels are stiff to the touch and more brittle and fragile.
Are Folding Solar Panels Any Good?
Portable folding solar panels are excellent choices whenever you need to install them in unusually shaped or uneven places or where you want low-profile panels for mobile use. Moreover, various pros come with the foldable solar panel as follows:
Foldable Solar Panels Can Last 25-30 Years!
Generally, an average foldable solar panel can last 25-30 years. However, foldable solar panels can last up to 40 years if properly cared for.
After being used for 25 years, their efficiency decreased to 80%. Hence, you can prolong your solar panel's lifespan by keeping them well-maintained.
Foldable Solar Panels Can Get Wet
Definitely! Folding solar panels are waterproof and won't be damaged by moisture. Some foldable panels, such as those featuring IP65 water-resistant ratings, can even work in the rain and in outdoor activities like camping, boating and sailing, hiking, picnics, etc. Rain helps clean off dirt and debris accumulating on the panels over time.
7 Other Advantages That You Might Not Know
- More Affordable Than Traditional Solar Panels.
Innovative foldable solar panels are less expensive than traditional solar panels. In addition, characterizing flexible design, they need less maintenance and repair, which means you can save lots of money on repairs and replacements in the long run.
- Lightweight And Portability
Much lighter, the foldable solar panel is easier to transport and handle. It also means that you can place them on structures that might not be able to support heavy weight.
Along with a foldable design, the solar panels are incredibly portable. They can be packed and carried out easily for camping, outdoor events, road trips, and emergencies.
In bougveRV, we newly launched our 2.2kg CIGS foldable solar panel (4 times lighter than other portable solar panels) with a waterproof carry bag. With this bag, you can pack solar panels and other small items such as conversion cables, mobile phones, watches, and flashlights to the size of the laptop.
Made of flexible materials, foldable solar panels can be bent 360° and shaped to fit more irregular surfaces. In contrast, traditional and rigid ones may not do as perfectly as foldable solar panels. As a result, foldable solar panels work perfectly in multiple applications, from charging your phone on a hiking trail to powering a cabin in the woods.
You can use foldable solar panels to power homes, vehicles, boats, and various outdoor equipment and devices. Besides, charging your devices on the go is available.
For instance, the foldable solar panel provides reliable power sources if you have a mobile business, such as a food truck or a pop-up shop. You can use them to power your equipment, charge your devices, and even run your lights and music.
- Easy To Set Up And Detach
Unlike traditional solar panels that need a professional installer and a complex mounting system, foldable solar panels are effortless to install, like over car roofs or on the ground.
All you have to do is unfold it and place it in a sunny spot. Imagine powering your outdoor party, and you can quickly charge your music system, lighting, and other equipment without hassle!
- Highly Versatile Fixed Positions Or Mobile Purpose
More flexible than Crystalline silicon solar panels, foldable solar panels can be used in various applications, from powering your home to charging your devices on the go. They can even power vehicles, such as RVs and boats.
Are you tired of noisy, polluting, and unreliable gas-powered generators? You should try a foldable solar panel! These panels can act as solar generators and provide a sustainable and quiet backup power source—no more fumes or noise to disrupt your peaceful surroundings.
1. Outdoor activities: Whether camping, hiking, or spending a day at the beach, foldable solar panels can provide reliable power. You can charge your phone, laptop, camera, or other devices or power your camping equipment.
No more worrying about running out of power while exploring the great outdoors!
2. Emergencies: When disaster strikes, the last thing you want is to be left in the dark without power. But fear not because foldable solar panels are here to save the day! With these trusty panels, you can keep your lights, radios, and other essential equipment up and running during emergencies.
3. Mobile Living: Are you a mobile living enthusiast, cruising in your RV or boat and dreaming of a more sustainable and affordable power source? Look no further than foldable solar panels!
These panels can power your devices, appliances, and even air conditioning. As we mentioned, being flexible, they won't easily get cracked or broken.
Enjoy the freedom of clean and quiet power while soaking up the sun on your travels. Moreover, with the cost savings on your electricity bill, you'll have more money to spend on the things you love.
4. Mobile Business: If you have a mobile business like a food truck or a pop-up shop, foldable solar panels can provide a reliable power source. You can use them to power your equipment, charge your devices, and even run your lights and music.
5. Home Use: Foldable solar panels offer sustainable and cost-effective power for your home. You can use them to power your lights, fans, and small appliances, reducing your dependence on the grid and lowering your electricity bill. They're a perfect choice if you want to live off-grid or in areas with frequent outages.
Moreover, those living in apartment buildings without roof space or access to the same can use foldable panels to generate clean energy from their balconies.
6. Traveling: Calling all travelers! No more fear of running out of power puts a damper on your adventures. Using foldable solar panels, you can easily power your RV, boat, or other vehicles without relying on an external power source.
Start Your Journey With Our CIGS Foldable Solar Panel!
Until now, you must know what foldable solar panels are and their advantages. Can't wait for an eco-friendly foldable solar panel for your upcoming outdoor adventure? Look at BougeRV's new arrival—-Paso 100W CIGS Foldable Solar Panel!
Made with advanced CIGS technology, our foldable solar panels are more sensitive, offering efficient and reliable power output even in low-light conditions. With a sleek, foldable design, they're easy to pack and carry out wherever you go, making them perfect for camping, hiking, and RV trips. Not enough? See how sophisticated it benefits you:
1. One hundred watts of power output, enough to charge your phone, laptop, or other small devices.
2. Lightweight and compact. BougeRV foldable solar panels weigh only 2.2 kg (a quarter less than others') and fold up to laptop size.
3. Our flexible solar panels have Popular IP67 rating MC4 solar connectors. The connector is waterproof and dustproof, making wiring your solar array simpler and quicker.
4. Durable and weather-resistant. Crafted by thin-film technology, BoughRV's foldable solar panels are collision-resistant.
5. Safer to use without hot spot effect and free of fire.
6. Easy to set up and use.
7. Eco-friendly and sustainable. Using renewable solar energy reduces your carbon footprint and saves on electricity costs.
Want more？ Various solar panel types are available in BougeRV. Explore now!